Sunday, March 14, 2010

Last week a OPP constable was murdered on the job, the funeral was Friday past - a dark cold solemn day.




Our band OPP Pipes and Drums) led the funeral procession. 6,000 Police officers 4-5 deep lined the procession for blocks.
(I'm second row, second from the back)

Here is a letter sent to our drum major from one of the OPP constables in the procession:

Hi boys. Just a quick thought on today. As sad as this day and these gatherings are, they represent an opportunity for our members and other agencies to come together with a common purpose. No ego, no agendas, just one purpose to support one and another.

The greatest sense of pride and heeling, for me and most others, comes from the march behind our pipes and drums.

Today you were simply outstanding. I know I speak for all the OPP members, it was a great sense of pride to march with you out today, and back with all the other agencies.

You should be proud of yourselves, I am proud to call you the OPP, my, pipes and drums.






The photos are from the Toronto Star news blog. To view more

No comments:

Post a Comment